Happy birthday, Arizona! This amazing place may have been one of the last states to join the union, but it is 1st in my heart. This wild, western land marked 108 years of statehood on February 14th, 2020.
Some fun facts about this great state:
- The sun shines more in Tucson & Phoenix than in Hawaii or Florida.
- Arizona is the astrotourism capital of the United States; it is home to more certified Dark Sky Places than anywhere else in the world (maybe this explains why we have more UFO sightings than any other state!)
- Women were granted the right to vote 8 years before national suffrage
- Arizona is #3 in biodiversity i.e. various landscapes, flora, and fauna
- Arizona has more hummingbird species than any other state
- Arizona is the only state home to the mighty saguaro (and one of the few states that contains turquoise!)
- Tequila is from Nogales, AZ! Margaritas, anyone?
We're blessed with endless beautiful landscapes in Arizona; while I've traversed quite a bit of it, there is so much more to see. I'm lucky enough to have my home studio in the mountains of Flagstaff and a second studio space in sunny Scottsdale. Even though they're only 2 hours apart, the climate and moods are so different!
There's nothing I love more than setting off on the road in beautiful AZ. What place should I add to my AZ bucket list? Let me know on Instagram or Facebook!